Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christa Lista

Yes, I am going to make a list...why not?  It is just about the end of 2011 and I've got a new year ahead of me.  I've got a pretty good feeling that 2012 is going to be a very decent year for me.

I've given up the 2nd job.  While all that extra dough is nice to have (and spend), it leaves absolutely no time for me to be able to enjoy this thing called life.  I now understand the proverb "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy".  While not entirely suited for my situation, I get it, I definitely get it.

I was sick.A.Lot.this past year.and I have no doubt that the whole no down-time thing played a very big role in me being sick.  That's not the life I want to live.  The down-time I did have was spent on the couch, stuffing my face with garbage because my body wanted nutrients and I thought I heard it say "Chocolate" and "Grilled Cheese sandwich".  I finally was able to translate what it really wanted when I stepped on the scale and realized I had gained back all of what I had lost.

One day this past November, I finally heard it loud and clear "Vitamins".  Ooooooh....okay.

Anyway, I've learned to appreciate my down-time.  I will no longer use it to do right by my pocket.  I will use it to do right by my body, my mind and my soul.  aka Balance

1. Make a bedtime and stick to it as best as you can (10:30pm)
2. Journal as often as possible (I've found that I enjoy getting inside my head and thinking out loud, even if it only makes sense to me)
3. Turn off the T.V. - it sucks me in every.single.time. and before I know it, I've wasted 4 hours on nonsense
4. Create - get the juices flowing and actually make things, finish projects I've started or intended to start but never got around to it.
5. Clean and keep clean.  Working 7 days a week doesn't offer much time to keep clean and organized, now with all of this new found time, I have no excuse really
6. Get on the lake - I've already started pricing out Inflatable water crafts and it looks like an inflatable Kayak may be just the right thing for me/us.  It will be great exercise too!
7. Get on the road - take day trips to places I haven't been such as Tallulah Falls, a gorgeous spot that I've been wanting to see since I found out I would be moving to GA back in 2004, it's time I get there.
8. Use the earth as my gym.  No one ever said you had to go to a fitness facility to get in a great workout.  I would love a bicycle
9. Give back - I would love to volunteer some of this new found time on a farm, getting sweaty and dirty.  Another great way to workout AND get some fresh veggies!
10. Meditate - woooooosaaaaaaaaahhhh  it feels good

I think I'll end it here for now.  I guess those are my top 10 things I'd like to get going on in the coming new year.  Looking forward to living a life of more purpose for my health instead of just work, I tried that, it's not all that great for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment