Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Dress, A Porch & Two Pillows

I had this very cute summer dress that I purchased cheap and I adored, however it was not possible to wear the dress with a bra.  I am no way able to wear a dress without a bra....though one drunken weekend last April (2009 - Savannah...awesome weekend getaway with my girls for Gretchen's Bachelorette weekend) anyway, I digress....I DID wear the dress and went Bra-less...YIKES!
So yes, this was the last time I wore the dress especially since the straps broke this evening (probably from trying to hold up the girls).
I recently went through some old things and came across the dress, I adored it just as I did the first time I saw it in the store.  "What am I going to do with this, I can't get rid of it", I thought to myself.  Then the light bulb went off!!!
I thought about the porch camping chairs that I have.  I really can't afford new patio furniture, and the camping chairs are just not comfortable enough for the amount of time we spend out on the porch.
 PILLOWS!!!  Easy! And I'll be able to enjoy the pattern of the soft woven fabric on a daily basis!
And here's a close-up

And here is a side by side of the dress and the new pillows!!

I love that I got to keep my dress.  I love that I kept the dress out of the landfills.  I love my new pillows!

No comments:

Post a Comment