Monday, March 20, 2017

Back to "Becoming Christa"

Let's not discuss how long it's been since I've checked in...for shame!

Anyway, I am back to making some positive changes in my life.  Back to Somersizing, and hopefully gaining the MUCH needed energy I need (and deserve) to start to enjoy exercising again.  Back to "Becoming Christa" :)

We're finally getting married in September!  I bought a dress that I LOVE and it fits, but I would love to have to have some major alterations done to it :)

Can we talk about Self Neglect for a little bit?

I do this.  I am going to blame it on my ADD (because I've been diagnosed twice by a Neurologist, once as a teen and again as an adult) and sure, some think it's a made up disability, my guess is those people who say that and believe it have never experienced what it's like to struggle/cope with ADD.

Back to self neglect.  It happens in my life often, and if I don't get a hold of it, it's a pretty slippery slope down to a place no one wants to be. I've been there.  For a long time.  A very long time.

My body.  It's larger than I ever thought it would be.  And while I am not struggling with any health related issues, it's now at the most unhealthiest weight it's ever been at...and it has been for nearly 3 1/2 years.  Have I resigned to this life of Self Neglect?  Why have I put myself off day after day, month after month, year after year?!?

This has GOT to change!

I AM going to do this!

I NEED to do this!

...while I AM still healthy.


First things first, I am getting back to Somersizing.  The old school 90's Chrissy from Three's Company diet or "Way of Eating".

I've had success with it in the past.  I know it works for me.  I'd maintained the 38 lb. weight loss for 3 years.  It's when I Self Neglect and start to allow sugar back into my system, that I gain back all of the weight.  It's all about being PREPARED and staying FOCUSED!!!  The crazy thing is that once I am eating this way, I am ABLE to focus!

So I went food shopping yesterday and prepared all of my meats for the week so that it's easier to prep dinner when I get home.

Up on the menu this week

Monday 3/20: Chicken Piccatta and Sauteed Broccoli
I plan to use a this recipe and omit the flour http://www.plainchicken.com/2013/03/chicken-in-lemon-butter-caper-sauce.html

Tuesday 3/21: Empanada Beef Lettuce Wraps
Just gonna wing it!  The beef is currently seasoned with white wine vinegar, garlic and onion...will look up a few recipes and just go with what sounds good.

Wednesday 3/22: Cilantro Cream Chicken with Sauteed Spinach
Here's that recipe for the Chicken...it is truly amazing and will be a regular meal now that I've finally tried it!  http://momstestkitchen.com/2012/11/cilantro-cream-chicken.html

Thursday 3/23: Curry Chicken and Spinach
YES more spinach, I bought a big bag!  Here's that Curry Chicken Recipe... I made it up a few years back using what I had on hand and it was SO good!  http://christahasablog.blogspot.com/2012/05/massage-school-curry-chicken-w-sauteed.html

Friday 3/24:  Asian Marinated Skirt Steak with Spinach Salad
No recipe to follow, Olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, Ginger powder, fresh pressed garlic, salt and pepper, soy sauce and a little Toasted Sesame oil...

Saturday, we'll be eating out at a Jack and Jill bridal shower,  I'll find something legal to much on I'm sure.  We'll be boozing it up that evening, so I really need to make sure that I do stay on plan (even though I am not going with a plan) I will be bringing veggies and dip, so at least I know that I can eat that!

Exercise, that's the other thing I need to get in.  I have a FitBit and the battery died, so instead of just recharging it, I didn't wear it for about 8 months.  This is the mind of ADD. Truly.  And every once in a while I would think "I should wear my Fitbit" and then I can't find the charger.  And then I find the charger and can't find the FitBit...anyway, I have them both now...currently charging.  My goal is 10K plus steps per day.  And I have a puppy now.  There is no excuse as to why I am not out there walking at the very least!

I'll check in as often as I can remember.  I'm hoping that blogging out my thoughts, meals, etc. will help keep me on track.  We'll get into other life happenings, SUCH AS MY COMPETITION BIKINI BUSINESS!!!

Does anyone else get me when I say that I Self Neglect?  Do you have any tips to stay focused on self?

I'll leave you with this...one of my works of art



No comments:

Post a Comment