There is much to do and I have already done so much. I have the love and support from my family and friends with whom I would not be anywhere near where I am as far as progress on the house goes.
Last night while out picking up the special cat food we purchase for our beloved fur baby, I decided that since we were right near the big Orange Box store, I would pick up a can of Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint.
I recently had the front door handle switched out (the original one broke off of the door when I tried to open it one day, sometimes I really don't know my strength). I updated it from the brass (I know it's back in, but I was never really down with brass) to aged bronze and I love it!
But when you get up close and personal with that two tone brass and nickel mailbox, you soon realize that its seen its day. It was in rough shape and the bronze and nickel were throwing me off. And, well, I just wanted a more cohesive look. I do have to live here for the time being after all, and I like for things to look nice.
Several thin coats of the Oil Rubbed Bronze later and we have this!
I realize that in this picture it just looks black. It does not read that way in person. It a deep rich metallic brown tone and it is more aesthetically pleasing to my eye than the eye sore that it had previously been until I came along and pulled the spray paint can trigger!
Look at how sexy it is now!
I wonder if the mail person will notice. Will they appreciate? Will the off-gassing of the spray paint be nauseating?
Now...what else can I tackle with the remaining paint? I thought about spraying the ding-donger....but then that requires playing with electricity. Hmm...





No comments:
Post a Comment