Monday, January 10, 2011

Dining Room/Sweat Shop

When Brian first moved in, the dining room looked like this:
A blank slate.

The dining room has served dual purpose as a dining room and sweat shop since I moved in:

BTW - The round dining table is what I got from Wal-Mart when all of my friend's chipped in together for my birthday this year and got me an American Express Gift Card!  Thanks Kids, I love it!


We've been trying to make do with the space given in a one bedroom to be able to also have a space for me to Create.  As you can see above, it's functional to a point, yet aesthetically unappealing.  That wall to the left was really lacking and I had no place to put away some of the things that I would prefer to have within reach.

The other night, I caught the DIY bug and purchased a cordless drill which inspired me to go and hang some Wall Ledges that I picked up at Target on sale for $20 each.


Now it looks more like a room as well as serves as a functional way of decorating with things that I use regularly while sewing.  The thread display throws in so much color!



I love the updates to the space.  I feel like I can breath, and everything is within reach.


PS - the craft table folds up to a nice compact side table as well as houses the sewing machines and supplies when not in use!  Gotta love multi function!

PSS - Yes I am still posting pictures I took with my cell phone camera....the digital is out of commission for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment