When I made the purchase, the artist was thrilled and mentioned how he was so glad that he didn't pack it up earlier as he had intended to do. I was happy for him as well as for myself. Oh, I even got him to sign the Eye Magnets that we got for Katt, only he wasn't the artist, he was the husband of the artist, so that what I had him sign "Husband of the Artist" I knew Katt would appreciate that.
Saturday I had no intentions of doing anything other than visiting Mary Jo's cloth store which is about 35 minutes south of Mom's. I had heard great things but had NO IDEA!!! This place is ginormous and had everything I could ever want in the way of fabric! I felt like i was in Disney World and BF even mentioned how I was Lit up like a kid upon entering this place! If I hadn't been with Jess and BF I would have been there until they closed, but I knew I had to go and find only what I had intended to buy.
The first 2 fabrics were picked out by BF. That green texas hold em print cotton is going to be Boxer shorts for him and the blue next to it is Mesh for Basket Ball shorts for him.
The next 4 fabrics are all going to be made into......SWIMWEAR! and I am too excited to get them started!
I plan to use black stretch as a contrast band for some of the suits. I loved everything they had, and it was hard to walk away with only 4 yards, 1 of each color. But there will be plenty more visits to Charlotte and plenty more visits to Mary Jo's now that I know about it and it's along the way to mom's. I need to get started on what I've got and then replenish when I am running out. I no longer want to hoard fabric, but rather use it and execute all of the ideas in my head. BUT MAN....I can't believe I have been driving past this place for 6 years and not knowing a thing about it!
The last fabric in the bounty is a black Stretch Satin that I intend to make a corset for Jessica. I've already made a flat sketch but need to make some changes. I've never done corsetry before, but I am confident in my abilities and will see what turns out.
I hung the artwork in the sewing/dining area. Actually it's no longer a dining area...at least it hasn't been since I broke out the sewing equipment a month and a half ago....oopsie! That's the life of apartment dwelling.
The new art could really use some company. I haven't decided what yet, but it's garage sale season, who knows what is out there and ready for me to take ownership of?
I just lazed around the rest of the time. My allergies hit me while there and so I was headachey and drowsy...but it's always a great time, regardless of whether I am active or lounging. OOOH OOOH and I got some great unexpected (cause it's not my birthday or Christmas) gifts. I got a pink reptile embossed granny chic wallet/case as well as a Tote bag!
Both from 2 different people and I love how they are not the same shade of pink yet coordinate so well!
I also managed to convince my mother that the Camper in the backyard is rotting away and that I would put good use to it since I am a lover of camping. She agreed! YEAHY! So now I have a fun new project!

Updating a 1981 23ft Shasta Camper! I just need to get some new tires for it so that I can get it down here to GA. This is not the actual camper, I found this picture online, but it's very similar to the one rotting in mom's backyard that I intend to enjoy in the woods. It's in decent shape for being nearly 30 years old, but definitely could use some updating as you could imagine!
Sunday was a BEAUTIFUL day and as much as I hated wasting such a beautiful day driving back home, I'd rather drive in beautiful weather than crap, it just makes the 4 hour drive much nicer!
It's a new day and there are so many possibilities! I can't wait to get home from work today and get started on something fun!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment